Phone Games

Monday, April 18, 2011
Ooh it's Monday! Ooh, Ooh it's Monday! Wooooooooo!

Oh, sorry. Let me step out of cheerleader mode for just a minute...

OK I'm good. Today is Poetry Monday and I am at Zingerman's hard at work checking orders, corrugating glass, packing orders, and probably making a few mistakes that will be caught further down the line. Just kidding, I never make mistakes! =)


“If I owned Photoshop, I would totally put a halo around my head, but I have faith in my reader's ability to imagine the halo for their selves. Can you see it? Good, let's proceed.”

Anywayz, my entry for today is an original poem entitled “Phone Games”. This piece was inspired by a certain guy who was really into me when we saw each other in person, but did not seem to know how to operate the call function on his cellular device when we were apart. As most poems do, this one took on a life of its own and quickly became about more than just this one guy whose phone operating deficiencies almost gave me a heart attack.

I hope you enjoy it! I'd love to hear your comments, and please remember to become a follower of my blog! I am now up to nineteen followers and am well on my way to getting 90 followers by July 2nd! If I reach this goal, I will be raffling off a gift certificate to one of my followers. So, please help me get as many as possible!

And now, for the poem of the day!


Phone Games
By: Sarah Lenore

I don't understand
Games that come from a man
When one day you're hot
Tryin to touch on my spot
And the next day you're cold
Like you're really not sold
On how you once felt
When you told me I smelled
Just like Heaven to you
Cuz that's how I do
Buy that scent from VS
Have guys tryin their best
To make me want them
But they'll never win
Cuz they came wit no swag
Carrying too many bags
Addicted to things
Or wearing a ring
If they wore it at all
You know how they ball
Gotta girl that's their bride
And a chick on the side
But the wifey, she knows
About all of his hoes
She's just hopin one day
He'll grow outta his phase
And in time he will be
Not just a daddy
But a really good man
Who gives her a hand
Through this journey of life
Filled with sadness and strife
And return to the day
When he did not play
Silly games on the phone
Cuz his love, it was shown
Through attention he paid
And the calls that he made
To the number ingrained
Inside of his brain
He called it so much
That it kinda stuck
He wanted to hear
From the one he held dear
She was close to his heart
Even when torn apart
From each other by time
She stayed on his mind
It went on this way
Until on that day
He made her his wife
The vow was for life
But for fifty percent
Vows don't make a dent
Cuz when he begins
Playing phone games again
She knows somethings up
Their marriage is corrupt
All because he
Lacked the courtesy
Of not playing games
Like so many lames
Who don't have the balls
To stop screening their calls

0 comments:

Post a Comment