I'm Back!

Sunday, April 3, 2011
Okay, so I've been gone for a minute. Well, 2 years to be exact. A whole LOT has happened! I'm not going to bore you with all the details, but basically I have spent a year sofa surfing and living in homeless shelters trying desperately to figure out how my life has come to this and how I am ever going to repair it!


(This is my how-did-my-life-come-to-this-and-how-am-I-going-to-repair-it look)

I haven't quite figured it all out yet, but one thing I do know is that living my life for me is a MUST! Now that I have managed to get past all the depression and pity parties (they're not as fun as they sound), I am ready to discover who I am and what I want out of life.

I'll tell you what I do know. I love to sing. I love to write. I am an awesome friend. I have talents that need to be shared with the world. I am a stick of dynamite ready to explode at any moment, and when I do the world will be forever changed for the better!

(It's gonna be CrAzY!!!!)

This blog is one of the many ways I intend to light the fuse. I will share my poetry, discuss projects I am currently working on, shed some light on homelessness in and around the Ann Arbor, MI area, share my humble (and often humorous) opinions on things going on in the world, and (most importantly) enjoy myself.

I have developed the following format so you know what to expect each day you visit my blog:
  • Mondays: Meditation Mondays- I will share poetry, meditations, and other random thoughts that may be weighing heavily on this crazy brain of mine.
  • Tuesdays: Our Story; Homelessness in Ann Arbor- I will attempt to shed a light on the homeless situation in my community by sharing stories from people I know who are coping with this issue. What brought us here and what we are doing (or sometimes not doing) to change our lives.
  • Wednesdays:  Writer's Corner- I will share the progress I am making on my current writing projects and perhaps ask for feedback.
  • Thursdays: Story of the week- I will share my opinion on something that happened in the world, talk about my favorite celebrities, books, movies, etc...
  • Friday: Vlog- As soon as I get my new HTC phone (hopefully next week) I will begin posting a video blog of me, probably acting dumb (cuz it's funny).

Please don't hesitate to give me feedback on this format in the comments section below. I'd love your input!

I am also going to be trying hard to get subscribers. My goal is 90 subscribers in 90 days, so everyone please subscribe to my blog and let your friends know too! I'm going to come up with something to give away in a raffle if I reach this goal. I'm thinking a gift certificate to somewhere. Let me know what you think!

1 comments:

Post a Comment