Ghosts of Girlfriends Past

Wednesday, April 29, 2009
In the movie Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, Mathew McConaughey plays a man (Connor) who doesn't believe in love. He is a ladies man who photographs beautiful women for a living.

His brother is getting married, and at the wedding Connor gets drunk and says some regrettable things that interfere with his brothers potential marriage.

His uncle comes to him as a ghost and tries to prove that his lifestyle is unwise by showing him girlfriends from his past, present, and future (Like the ghosts from, A Christmas Carol).

Anyway, I thought this was kind of an interesting concept, because I do believe in love, but I don't believe that everyone finds true love.

Of course, every romantic movie always ends with two people falling in love, but is that the story of every one's lives?

When I say love, I mean real love. Like, the kind of love you would die for. The kind of love you can't live without. The kind of love that binds you to that person forever.

Romeo and Juliet, The Notebook, Twilight...I can't think of anything else right now, but you get my point.

Are most people getting married because they have truly found that type of irreplaceable love? Or is it because they've found someone they are comfortable with, or even infatuated with? How do you tell the difference between infatuation and true love?

I want to hear from someone who thinks they have actually had, or still do have, that type of love that changes you forever. That type of love that you don't ever get over.

I believe it's out there, but the question is are we all lucky enough to find it? My guess would be no. What do you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment