Spring Forward

Monday, May 2, 2011
Happy Monday everybody! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Mine was pretty alright. I did a little shopping, a lot of writing, and enjoyed the beautiful weather. It's almost summer! Can't wait!

Speaking of summer, it's about that time for all my college friends to be finished with the winter semester, and ready to kick their summer plans into high gear. Umm...college buddies, don't forget to include your dear friend Sarah in all the spectacular summer activities that I know you have prepared. My calendar is open (sadly), so call me!

So, it's poetry Monday, and today I decided to pull out a poem from the archives. This is one that I wrote a few years ago, and I thought that with the current change of seasons and everything, it seemed relevant.

This piece is entitled Springtime Innocence and it is about how life is experienced so much differently when we are children. There is a lot of symbolism. Sorry for those of you who like rhyming poems. This one is more thoughtful. I hope you enjoy it, and I would love to hear what you guys think (even if you think it's garbage)! It's one of those poems that I don't usually share with people, because I'm not sure they will get it. If you are someone who gets it, then I would especially love to hear from you!

Hope you all enjoy it!



Springtime Innocence
By: Sarah Lenore

The innocence of our spring

Each day sends serenity in the springtime of life
Endless possibilities flow in a stream of blissful ignorance
Like lilies lazing in placid waters

The time of our spring

Molasses creeping from a frosty jar
Crisp apples blossoming on a misty morning
Bright and fragrant, but gone all too swiftly

The freedom of our spring

Free as chimes ringing in a sunny breeze
Completely untouched by the harsh storms of life
A phoenix risen from the ashes of those who came before us

The sensations of our spring

Every color the most vibrant
Every flower the most fragrant
Air fresh and full of renewal

The spring of life

A birth of curiosity and noesis
A time to learn how to love
A knowledge that will carry us through
The blistering summer heat
The loss of falling autumn leaves
And the inevitably frigid winter

0 comments:

Post a Comment