Materfamilias

Monday, May 9, 2011
Word of the Day:

Materfamilias (MEY-ter-fuh-mil-ee-uhs)
-noun
The mother of a family

Happy Mother's Day everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend filled with flowers, cakes, cards, food, and lots of celebrations! Mother's Day is a very important day, because it gives well-deserved recognition to all the mothers in the world for all the back breaking work they do to keep a house running smoothly.

On February 19, 2002, I became a mother to my oldest son Donovan, and wrote this poem to express how I felt about my new arrival. Hope you enjoy it.


New Beginnings
by: Sarah Lenore

Life breathed into a tiny seed
From one breath to another
I can hear his heartbeat
It beats for us
And ours for him
A blessing disguised by circumstance
A joyful day
Proof, at last, that He is here
A miraculous moment in one day
Followed by a lifetime of happiness

0 comments:

Post a Comment