A Peronal Note

Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Happy Wednesday everyone!


As some of you may be aware, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis last year. I woke up on April 17, 2008 with decreased motor function on my left side. Living in Kentucky at the time, I was forced to quite my job, leave my home, and move back with my parents.

I have fully recovered since that first outbreak, but this past year spent away from work and with my children has really given time to analyze my life and slow down. I am writing, which is something I have always been good at, but never would have had the time to pursue.

I have spent most of the past year donating my time to my children's elementary school, and have had a blast surrounding by all the wonderful kids there.

This past week has been a difficult one for me. I began to go deaf in one ear, then my vision started to blur, and finally my balance was off and I was falling toward my left side.

The good news is that all of these new symptoms maybe from an ear infection, so I am hoping that ten days of antibiotics will clear up these newly progressed symptoms. I am already noticing improvement in my eyesight.

Anyway, I debated whether or not I should write all of this for the world to see, and maybe I'm not making the greatest decision.

However, I owe a lot to my MS, and I wanted to share what I have been going through. For the most part, I don't have any symptoms that impair my ability to carry out daily functions, I get to spend way more time with my kids, and I have had an opportunity to really explore what it is I want to do with the rest of my life.

I am on chapter two of my novel, and I am feeling really good about it so far. I have revised and posted my poetry on my web site http://www.sarahlenorewright.com/, and I have also been working on short stories to list on amazon.com.

Please visit my web site, check out my work, and sign my guestbook! I welcome all the support I can get in my new ventures, and I will keep you all updated on my health and progress with my writing.

Happy hump day!



For more information on Multiple Sclerosis, please visit the National MS Society's web site at http://www.nationalmssociety.org/.

0 comments:

Post a Comment